 Organizations / United States / 437
  Re: Age limitations

(...) That requires us to become judges of character. It's not something I want to get into -- this is supposed to be fun. I can't see how rejecting someone with the words "you're not mature enough" are going to be fun for anyone. Saying "sorry, you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) You said it yourself; this is supposed to be fun. How much fun do you think Shiri is having sitting at home wishing she could be in NELUG, but can't, because of an age restriction. If you can find a way that could *possibly* be fun, I'd like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I'm quite certain that I never said it was fun for her. I'm also pretty certain that you're not actually reading my messages other than to find lines you can pull out of them and disagree with. I'm sorry that Shiri feels excluded. I really (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I can tell you it isn't. Let me tell you, it's not easy to say things like this, which is why I'm glad Chris is saying what I think, simply because he knows what I'm going through. It's hard to say this, but yeah- I AM alone here. It's hard to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) No. As soon as we make a personal exception for you, then we have to judge each person under whatever age limit we set personally, and as others have said time and time again, that is *not* something we want to get into. (...) Obviously, by (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Fine. Change the policy such that you don't have to do all that extra work that seems to be so loathed by your group, and still let excellent builders into the group who just happen to be younger than 18. As it stands, it is pointless, stupid, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

Now I am Pissed OFF!!! I have heard just about all the name calling and disrespect that I can handle. You have personally ruined my holiday. (...) Obviously it was not pointless, stupid, or disruptive to NELUG members and frankly that is what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

What is wrong with you people? (...) It has caused Shiri some emotional distress. Probably seeing everyone here fight about it has caused some more. You assert that their policy is "pointless, stupid, [and] disruptive." Wrong. It is pointed, and the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)