 Organizations / United States / 437
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:00:20 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
For the most part, I'm against the age limits alltogether, but do see
legitimately where it would be a concern to have a cutoff.  I feel that
cutoff should be based on individual maturity level rather than concrete
age.

That requires us to become judges of character. It's not something I want to
get into -- this is supposed to be fun. I can't see how rejecting someone
with the words "you're not mature enough" are going to be fun for anyone.

Saying "sorry, you don't meet the age requirement" isn't fun either (trust
me!), but at least it's not personal.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/