 Organizations / United States / 436
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 01:54:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote:
Just because NELUG makes an exception for Shiri doesn't mean they have to
make an exception for everyone.  Make it 18 for the age, with those under 18

What exactly would we tell the person that got denied? "We don't think
you're as cool as some other people, so you can't be in our club"? That's
not likely to have a positive outcome of any sort. I certainly don't want to
be the person saying that.

I feel bad enough saying this to Shiri, and that's with a solid *sensible*
rule.

I feel for you, Shiri, and hope NELUG comes to their senses on this.  It is
hard to overcome the age prejudice of people, but I am sure you will
succeed.

It's not prejudice -- "judging" doesn't even come into it.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/