 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 989
Re: OK, here's the update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 18:47:51 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Robin Sather wrote in message ...
I received email from the Trains 2001 people.  It sounds like we can get • the
space we need.  However, he's asked if we would agree to be upstairs in an
expanded multi-purpose room.  Does anyone remember this room from last • year?
Did anyone see it?  Are we being kindly shuffled off into the background?
Would we be the only "operating display" in the room?  Would we actually • get
any traffic?  What are your thoughts?  I've quoted the relevant portion of
the email below:

Robin

No space has been pre-allocated yet for your group or any other.  Because
exhibitors are given priority over vendors, you are able to have as big of
space and orientation as you require.  The 12' x 18' with visabilty on all • 4 >sides will work well in the floor space.

The Cameron Centre has expanded the up stairs multi-purpose room and we
are >looking for an operating display to put in there as an attraction.  I
don't >know at this time how much extra room will be available, but if there
is >enough room for your display, would you have any problem in setting up
up >there?

Yuck. I don't like that idea at all. Last year we were in the main hall and
not the overflow space partly because we needed to set up the day before
(they only had the extra space on the show day itself), so that's an
argument to use on him which might mean we can't be in that space anyway.

I agree... The side rooms NEVER get as much traffic as the main halls... It's a
historic fact...

We MUST be in the main hall. Tell them they can advertise that we will be
there...

Also, we need to contact Lego about getting them cards that get mailed out to
the people in our area... If it's a go we can use that to claim that we will be
BRINGING in new people to the show just to see us!

Dean

PS, I've updated my Lego site with pics and a small write-up on my Cable Car...

--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html