 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 983
982  |  984
Subject:
OK, here's the update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:14:32 GMT

I got email back from the venue coordinator for the TTOS show.   Among
other things, I asked him about sizes and exposure of spaces available
at their public show (August 5th).  His reply is below:

My name is Vies Szalanski and I'm looking after the set up
of the convention hall for the our get together. At this time
we are gathering information on groups and manufacturers
who are interested in participating in the "public" portion of
our convention on Sunday, August 5. We are very pleased
to hear of your interest and will be high on our list when we
finalize allocating our limited space.

Unfortunately we cannot at this time assign space to anyone
other than Society members. We hope to have space
commitments worked out by the end of May or at the
latest by mid June. Could you let me know by return mail
when would be the latest time we could let you know.

I have a couple of questions.  Kevin, do you remember the name of the
person or persons you met from this show?  I sent the original email
to a Mark Horne, and a Neil Whitehead.  Do any of these three names
ring a bell?  The impression I got from you was that we were *invited*
to be at this show.  Can you elaborate?  This reply seems a little
more "form letter"- ish than I expected.

Anyway, I am going to be out of town until May 23rd.  I will have web
and email access, but not between the 11th and the 15th.  The upshot
is that I need to reply to this message TONIGHT.  Please post your
thoughts here or email me privately at robinsather@hotmail.com .

Obviously, I'll tell him that we need to know ASAP.  In the meantime,
I think we need to continue planning for it, and assume that we'll be
there.  After all, there are many other shows and display venues that
are available, and if we have a layout put together, we can
participate in those shows with little or no notice.

That means, of course, that we actually have to get working!

Robin

PS  The fellow from Trains 2001 (the other show) will be getting back
to me with more detail in a few days.