 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 984
Re: OK, here's the update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:25:52 GMT

Robin Sather wrote in message <3afac9ae.86440169@lugnet.com>...
I have a couple of questions.  Kevin, do you remember the name of the
person or persons you met from this show?  I sent the original email
to a Mark Horne, and a Neil Whitehead.  Do any of these three names
ring a bell?  The impression I got from you was that we were • *invited*
to be at this show.  Can you elaborate?

I don't remember any name at all. The invitation took the form of one
of the guys from their layout coming over to ours, saying they would
really like to see us at their show, and giving us a little flyer for
the show (nothing more than date and time). I believe that someone
from their layout also spoke to Dean and Alex but I'm not sure.

This reply seems a little
more "form letter"- ish than I expected.

Probably just a case of different people having slightly different
attitudes. This bit:

our convention on Sunday, August 5. We are very pleased
to hear of your interest and will be high on our list when we
finalize allocating our limited space.

Seems good to me.

Obviously, I'll tell him that we need to know ASAP.  In the meantime,
I think we need to continue planning for it, and assume that we'll be
there.  After all, there are many other shows and display venues that
are available, and if we have a layout put together, we can
participate in those shows with little or no notice.

We can probably say that we'd *like* a 12x18 foot space with viewing
on all 4 sides, then they will at least know what we're aiming for.

Kevin
-
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1