 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 701
Re: VLC Sign
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:57:06 GMT

Interloper warning...

Always welcome and encouraged!

I really like this logo. Except for the geometry being off, that is. You
can't see the stud tops to see whether there is a LEGO on them, so I would
suggest that you go with correct proportions. Has LEGO actually said you
can't? Using incorrect proportion looks funny. People will ask questions.
People might even take it as a "slap" at LEGO to have incorrect proportions!

TLC's lego department has stated that basically they don't want ANY
images of bricks (or other pieces) in any fan-based logo (or web-site,
etc.).  They also don't want the name "Lego", but will "allow" it if
always accompanied by their standard disclaimer.

The slightly off geometry was my back handed way of including
"bricks", but not "Lego" in the logo.  They have not commented on this
particular design.

Another reason for the slightly heightened studs is that they become
more visible, with more shading, shadows, etc. in the image.  I'm
going to play with shortening them down just a tad and try it again.

... Don't tell TLC ...

... We love them, really do ...

Robin