 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 674
Re: VLC Sign
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:24:52 GMT

OK, more final decisions to make.

I've hopefully compiled all the information needed for us to decide on
what type of sign we want.  There are 4 options below.  Personally,
I'm more in favour of spending a little bit more, and having a better
sign.  My vote is for either the "BETTER" or the "BEST" option below,
and I can't quite make up my mind about which I'd prefer.  My guess is
that the printing on the "BETTER" option may be slightly better, but
the vinyl sign will last longer.

If it comes down to the money, I'd be willing to do as Dean, Alex  &
Kevin have done, and chip in a little extra for the privilege of
hanging onto the sign, for use whenever the club wants it.  We still
haven't quite decided how to pool and divide up the various costs.
Ideas?

As far the finalization of the logo goes, why can't we finalize it
now?  Are there any objections to the way it looks at present?  If so,
speak up, and I can make changes before printing sign and T-shirts.
If not, then I move we accept the present logo as official.  Any
seconders?

So, I need final opinions on this issue.  I want to have at least 4
days of lead time (twice what they require) to get the sign made.

Robin

REALLY CHEAP:

Homestyle 15" x 60" paper on foamboard
(printed at home on inkjet printer on approximately
12 - 8 1/2" x 11" sheets, glued to foamboard)

Cost:  Approximately $30
Pros:  Cheap
Cons:  Sign comes in two pieces (foamboard max length is 30")
            Foamboard prone to damage, warping over time
            Printing not protected, will fade, mark with fingerprints,
etc.

CHEAP:

Homestyle 18" x 72" paper on foamboard
(printed at home on inkjet printer on approximately
18 - 8 1/2" x 11" sheets, glued to foamboard)

Cost:  Approximately $40
Pros:  Cheap
Cons:  Sign comes in three pieces (foamboard max length is 30")
            Foamboard prone to damage, warping over time
            Printing not protected, will fade, mark with fingerprints,
etc.

BETTER:

Large Format Print 18" x 72"
Printed at Dominion Blue on 5 mil paper and laminated in plastic

Cost:  Approximately $125 including tax (roughly $12 / sq ft)
Pros:  Much better print quality
           More durable and longer lasting than paper / foamcore
           One piece sign
           Printing protected from fading, marking, etc.
           Rolls up for storage
Cons:  More expensive
            Must make holes in sign (laminate) to hang it up
            Sign may have memory of roll up (like a poster)

BEST:

Vinyl Banner 18" x 72"
Printed on white vinyl

Cost:  Approximately $135 including tax
Pros:  Much better print quality, especially text
           Much more durable, longest lasting option
           Has grommets to hang sign up with
           Rolls up for storage
Cons:  Most expensive option