 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1519
Re: How to transport Lego models...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 10:55:25 GMT

Hi Geordan,

Did you ever tried to put an creation into an box and surrounding the structure
with the loose tempex foam bananas or chips ?
The structure wont be able to mve if you filled the box uptoo the edge. The stuff
is reuseable and you will be able to get it for free if you ask for it. Theres
only one problem though, youll have to shave an save place and the space to safe
the stuff.

Greetings Nico

Have fun and keep building

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
Hi Geordan,

As Robin may or may not of told you, I will [most likely] be attending the
SEALUG/VLC meeting on the 14th. Robin mentioned that I ought to bring some
of my models along too, so as of now I'm planning to bring three, My latest
mech, a WWII plane, and a microfig castle diorama, a little bit of
everything. (I can remove/add models depending on space availabe etc. as
neccesary, as I do have quite a number of different models I can bring,
these just seemed like the best choice)

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, bring everything you can.  We all LOVE
to see stuff!!  I know it's a pain to transport some models, but if
you're willing and able to, I know you'll find a very appreciative
audience.

Ok, I'll probably bring some more mecha than, Hopefully I'll have some work
done on my three footer so I can bring what I have to show as well.

I have one problem though, I have no idea how to transport them. What are
the best ways move Lego models? Do I just put it in a padded box and that's
it? The mecha is my main concern as it is rather large and somewhat fragile
in a number of area's, you can see pics of it here:

My "philosophy of transport" is basically this:  Accept the
inevitable.  ;-)

Seriously though, when I'm transporting I look at a model, determine
the most likely break points, and take those sections apart on purpose
to transport separately.  Of course, all the long spindly bits (like
your mech's sword) are transported separately, and sometimes even
taken apart.  For me and my castles, I take all the flags and
landscaping (trees, bushes) off, and replace them when I get to where
I'm going.

Ok, thanks Robin.

Very cool.

Looking forward to meeting you,