 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1128
Re: Never-ending quest for green baseplates...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:49:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I really like your idea!  I've probably got a couple dozen of those 12
x 24 plates.  I hadn't really thought of using them, but why not!
I'll scrounge up what I can, and bring it tomorrow.

A couple dozen?  Great!!!  They would help tremendously.  Bring them!  Wait,
12x24 plates?  Are you sure they're not bricks?

I also thought that we could use a couple of raised baseplates there
for some change in elevation.  Stick some trees on them.  Have the
river run through them, etc.  This one would be great, for example.
I've got a couple of them:

    http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6024

Hmm yep, I've got 2 of those, as well as 2 baseplates from 6079 (which are
similar except for an additional raised portion).

There is one problem with your idea.  The train track needs to stay
level.  We had talked about raising the track there to allow for
bridge support under the track.  We'll have to discuss that tomorrow.

This should work because the area I'm talking about doesn't have any train
track!

-Bryan