 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1127
Re: Never-ending quest for green baseplates...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:30:00 GMT

Looking at my feeble collection of green baseplates, I'm quite scared that
we won't have enough to cover our layout.  Perhaps you guys have tons of
them, and I'm being pessimistic.

It will be tight.

So as a result of my worrying, I've come up with an optimistic solution that
will help save 6 green 32x32 baseplates.  Basically, I'm thinking of laying
the foundation for the wilderness area ...

I really like your idea!  I've probably got a couple dozen of those 12
x 24 plates.  I hadn't really thought of using them, but why not!
I'll scrounge up what I can, and bring it tomorrow.

I also thought that we could use a couple of raised baseplates there
for some change in elevation.  Stick some trees on them.  Have the
river run through them, etc.  This one would be great, for example.
I've got a couple of them:

     http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6024

There is one problem with your idea.  The train track needs to stay
level.  We had talked about raising the track there to allow for
bridge support under the track.  We'll have to discuss that tomorrow.

Robin