 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *150 (-10)
  Re: Dead Horse

(...) That wasn't my point. I was saying that a public event where everyone isn't playing with LEGO would be safer (from the standpoint that nobody's private property would be likely to go missing) would be safer than if the events as they currently (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Dead Horse

This is my last post regarding this subject because the horse is more than dead, and if the concept cannot be comprehended, my continued blatherings are certainly not going to clarify. (...) Who would like to organize such an event? (...) SAFER? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

(...) That's definitely a good idea. (...) Well, it's still only for those people that have actually caught wind of what's gonna be talked about. I can understand why you enjoy the kind of get-togethers that the VLC has currently, and I would never (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Structure of VLC

After the discussions on Friday, I did some thinking... One thing that became obvious is that trying to have business discussions as part of a "zoo" member play event like Fridays is difficult. People (eg ME) just don't remember things that are (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

(...) Well, I went to Legoland Windsor last summer (pics are on my web page) but because we only had time to "do" miniland there just wouldn't be a presentation in it. If there were several people who had been to the different Legolands, that might (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

(...) Well, for getting someone to talk about their excursion to LEGOland, the first thing to do would be to to find somebody in our little group who's actually been there that is hopefully willing to spend some time talking about it. Anyone? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

As I've been saying... These are all wonderful ideas -- the question becomes, who is willing to undertake the task? Ideas are never lacking... only support. Xandria PS: Personally, I enjoy the Member meetings very much and would prefer Member (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

So... let's talk about it. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for a meeting to have one or two people speak who've been to LEGOland. I haven't gone there yet, and I think it'd it'd be a real hoot to hear about somebody's experiences there. Maybe a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Town layout at Friday meeting

(...) Yes, I'm an avid .trains reader. As soon as I get the page done I'll post it to trains and such. Thanks for the kind words. I'll endeavor to be quick about it. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Town layout at Friday meeting

Dean Husby wrote in message <394BB912.29F9E5D3@a....bc.ca>... (...) Nice work. It looks like the complex slopes from the droid fighter are finding plenty of uses. I see you also did 4565 in yellow. I hope you'll post to .trains when you've got (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact