 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1330 (-20)
  Future of the club

The e-mail and phone calls I've received about the VLC from our recent public show has been from young children. We want AFOLS. Hopefully they will still contact us. In any case, if the club is to perpetuate, we need to get together and discuss the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) No prob. As soon as I hit the lottery, your funding request is 270607th on my list. (...) I am fairly happy with my Nikon CoolPix 800, which is obsolete now and superceded by newer models. Including the 128MB memory card and reader I just got, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) That's basically what I was building mine as. Of course, I took quite a bit of liberty with making it look like I wanted it to! (...) Dean, That's great! I am glad you could build off my pics. Makes me feel good that I built something that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) I created the body and refinements from engines around my area. I did look at your pics to see how others had done the railings and made the couplers similar to yours. I'll be doing a web page on it soon and will give credit where credit is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

The segment was about three to four minutes long, and had an interview with someone (Alexandria I think, though I'm not good with remembering names, I had to laugh at her little minifig line). They had lots of closeups of various displays, mostly of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) I'm definitely considering, I really want to join, my folks are kind of iffy about it though, Are there any other members under 15? I'll get them to watch it tonight, I need to know when it comes on though. -Geordan- (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) Yes, they taped tones. I heard the segment was 3 or 4 minutes! David taped it and will try to get Channel 6 tonight. (CTV) I REALLY hope we snag a few more members from this. YAHOO Dean (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) What time is the late news on at? I wanna see this! -Geordan- (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) DARN! I just got home and read your message! Do you remember how long our segment was? Hopefully they'll repeat it later tonight... There *was* another camera-person; I think he was from Channel 10? I remember one from 13, (which is Global, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) Wow! Awesome! Congrats! What was the (interview?) about? -Shiri (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  VLC on Global News....

Just saw you guys on Global, nice setup! Oddly enough I just saw a bit about Lego on TLC a few minutes before. Although I kinda wished that someone (either from VLC or the reporter) mentioned Lugnet in the report (They probably did tape somebody (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Storage space?

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GHL0Av.Dtv@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) have (...) But they're filled with Lego -- they don't count as part of a "mess". :-) Xan (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Hi, Larry. Tell you what -- you buy me a new $1000 digital camera, and I'll ensure all future images are not blurry. ;-) Seriously though, those were taken with an ancient Fuji DS-7 (that's only 640 X 480 resolution) without much control over (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Where is the Free Shipping???

(...) Yes, the mini-catalog is in my Mania Mag, and yes, free shipping only on items in that catalog. The catalog does have the my own train stuff, the new log car, caboose, and the guarded inn. Robin (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Where is the Free Shipping???

(...) Hahaha I can actually hear you say that, Dean. Yes, one big mother-of-all-orders group order. Any idea when we're gonna put it in? Probably when the set is ready, which is... September? Gotta start saving my money... -Bryan (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Storage space?

(...) About a week? Yeah I guess that's ok. From what I've heard, don't you have enough boxes stacked all over your place already? :P -Bryan (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Great show and great pics! I am really impressed with the tram! Out of curiousity, who created this locomotive? (URL) looks just like mine, almost exactly! I am wondering whether it was based on my design or whether we both came up with the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Looking like a great show. Lots of stuff to pore over to catch all the details. My one complaint, if it were a complaint, is that some of the foreground images seem blurry, but no big deal Is this the first time we've had two different shows (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Where is the Free Shipping???

(...) OH... So we CAN'T order our Metroliners then... ugg... Ok, so we go back to the original plan. Group order! Dean (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Where is the Free Shipping???

(...) Ok I should be more specific. There's the big fat Summer 2001 S@H Catalogue, with the grey bridge and the blue My Own Train on the cover. I've seen Andrew with that one - no free shipping mentioned in this one. There is a much smaller (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact