 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9732
Re: Try playing MY bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:24:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michael Purvis wrote:
   http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/wizard/pigeoncarrier/Connect4.exe (right-click-save-as)

Here’s my AI compiled with a PC front end. I feel at liberty to share this since I’m currently working on a better pruning algorithm. I figure this is probably the one I’ll use at the hobby show, tho, since it is possible to beat it, which people will enjoy playing against more. And it’s much quicker-- those decisions take about 2 secs on an RCX. At the hobby show, no one’s going to stick around for 5 minutes while the thing churns away.

Ok, my turn.

Here’s my AI. It’s not as fun as Mike’s for several reasons. 1) No fancy User Interface (board display) 2) It doesn’t run on Windows (only RCX) 3) Hard to enter data (Use View & Prog buttons) 4) Not enjoyable to play against. (Doesn’t lose easy)

Check it out:

http://legway.freelug.org/Robots/C$/

In case you’re wondering, it’s searching 4 plays ahead.

Tell me what you think

Steve