 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9590
    C4: *yawn* —Rob Stehlik
   Just a thought, but does anyone else get the feeling this event is going to be incredibly boring to watch? Not only are the matches between robots going to be dreadfully slow, but there will be very little to see. Think about it: with all of the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C4: *yawn* —Chris Magno
     OK freak boy! listen up!!! one of the deciding factors of this game was because of ~YOU~!!!! you went on at the last game about how you wanted to see more of a programming challenge. so we came up with this!!! I don't deny that this will be a very (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: C4: *yawn* —Michael Purvis
      (...) I still think the best way to make the game more exciting is to drop the time limit to more like 5 mins per bot. That way it severely limits the amount of calculation possible (like 15 secs per move) and forces people to make very quick (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: C4: *yawn* —Bruce Sheridan
      I hate to agree with Chris, but, we’ve all said since minute one, that this contest was going to be long and boring. And Rob, you were the guy pushing for a programming contest. Well congratulations, you’ve got it. The concept of reducing the time (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: C4: *yawn* —Bruce Sheridan
      (...) In fact, that's all the programming ANY of your robots have ever had! (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: C4: *yawn* —Rob Stehlik
     (...) Nice rant. If all that came of my post was bugging Chris some more then it was worth it :) (...) Yes, yes I did. So C4 is all my fault. But lets be honest, 3D piperacers with intersections would have been an almost impossible mechanical (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C4: *yawn* —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) hmm. Lets think about this for a minute. Is it reasonable to assume at least eight robots will show up? I think so. Given what Bruce said:"I think we can all build a fairly decent robot which can scan a 7x6 board and then drop a checker in one (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)