 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9592
Re: C4: *yawn*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:36:31 GMT

I don't deny that this will be a very boring game to watch!  BUT the game is set.
we will have a few robots playing at the same time. which should help in the
"excitement" area.

I still think the best way to make the game more exciting is to drop the time
limit to more like 5 mins per bot. That way it severely limits the amount of
calculation possible (like 15 secs per move) and forces people to make very
quick hardware.

Allowing such a vast amount of time is a bad idea because it encourages people
to make super-complex algorithms that are more likely to crash or sit there
forever.

Anyhow, we'll see how many people actually build for this. Wasn't it looking
like about 8-10 at last count? And if C4 gets boring, people can always watch
marble sorting...