 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9540
    Re: C$ board design —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) As an outsider with no standing that seems like it ought to be disallowed, because if two bots that had the board built in were to compete, what would you do then? But a LEGO base seems nifty! (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) Each robot would only be able to "build in" an attachment to the [left] side of the board. (as they face the board) The other side (right to me, left to you) would still be controlled by the other robot. I played around with a few ideas this (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Calum Tsang
   (...) If you read the rule set posted: (URL) find that the board mount is a common piece, separate from both robots. What Steve is proposing is to only use the yellow board without the blue legs and replacing the legs with a common frame design. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) All great stuff, but Steve seems to be saying "build the board mounding into their robot" which sounds like it goes into the yellow area in the diagram. That seems wrong to me, since it suggests that the robot is married/entangled into the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Derek Raycraft
   (...) He's probably just overstated his idea a little. Obviously the board can't be mounted permanently into one of the robots. However you can build a mount to connect to the common board to your robot. Derek (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Michael Purvis
   Using a non-standard board makes it a lot easier, since the primary challenge (as I've seen it) has been building a tower that rolls back and forth but is set back from the board enough that the legs don't interfere with it. I think it would be (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Well, personally, I'm not sure if it's more "classy" to drive a few screws through the legs of a Connect-4 board, a piece of wood, and a LEGO base-plate. :) But I agree it does change the rules of the game a little bit. However, using the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: C$ board design —Steve Hassenplug
   Here's the board mounting I came up with. (URL) made with parts from a single kit. But if you only have a single RIS, you'll only be able to make one board mount, and that won't leave any 1x16 beams for your robot... The top beam will flip down and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)