 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9060
9059  |  9061
Subject:
Why I hate my life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:56:01 GMT

I'm siting at my computer.  My socks and feet are wet, and my wendys is
cold.

And all my electronics and furniture, and half my LEGO, is on my balcony.
And there's this loud roar of about 4 fans and a dehumidifier running in my
apartment.

My day didn't start out so bad.  Well, maybe it did.  My alarm went off at
the ungawdly hour of 5.30, because I was on my way to an injection moulding
plant in Toronto to assist the most hard-assed Ventax employee (who hates
everything and everyone) to install a horribly complex end of arm tool I
desigend a month ago, which I had a bad feeling probably wouldn't work.  Who
insisted we meet at the carpool at 6.30.

The morning seems to go okay, except at lunch I sat down at the wrong table
without even looking up, and 5 minutes later realised I'd sat down with a
complete stranger.

Then I found out the tool I designed was 20 mm too thick to fit in the mould
opening.  Can't open the mould any further because it's expanded by a series
of huge shoulder bolts that restrict the mould open position.

ARGH.

Come home and explain to boss why I am retarded and mis-set a plane in
SolidWorks 3 months ago and it cascaded from there.  And feel the guilt that
I may have contributed to the demise of Ventax*.

*-If you work for an injection moulding company, please buy Ventax products.
The new LS323! is a very exciting robot product to service all your
injection moulding needs.

Drive home from the office the long way, depressed.  Thinking about life,
cry as a flock of canadian geese fly over while I'm listening to a
Perceptions by Cass + Slide.  Consider another body piercing going through
Cambridge but decide on geting some Wendys and go back to the apartment
instead.   Should have gone with the piercing.

Find note on apartment door.  Interest piqued.

I figured it was just another complaint about my air conditioner (a month
ago some bitch below me was complaining it was leaking, which is impossible,
because I isntalled a drain tube.)  So then I read it.

"We had to enter your unit because of a problem in unit 1907.  Please come
see me."

Signed, Eunice*.

*-name possibly changed.

I love Eunice, she's awesome.  I put my ear to the door.  Something was
awry.  A roaring noise could be heard.  A roaring noise is not part of my
day when I enter my apartment.

The first thing I notice is the gawdawful stench of cleaner when I open the
door.  My IKEA whateverthehellitscalled (because I dont have my STUPID DUMB
CATALOGUE NEXT TO ME) gigantic lamp is destroyed.  The floor squishes when I
step on it.  My lego has been moved all over the place, half of it is on the
balcony and the sliding door is off its rollers and on a weird angle.
Cardboard boxes are in ruins on the balcony, with all my papers and CD's
spilling out.

And my electronics.  All my electronics sopping wet.  Except, for the love
of god, my computer.

So I go to go downstairs to see what the heck IS GOING ON.  And then, I get
in the elevator, and its being stupid, and goes down to floor 2, and then
some punk gets on, AND IT STARTS GOING UP AGAIN.  HELLO I PUSHED G, G MEANS
GO THE **** DOWN YOU STUPID PIECE OF **** *** !!!!!!!

So finally it goes down, and I speak to the husband of the building owner.
And he is very nice about it all an explains the story.  APARENTLY, our
water was off during the day in our building, for repairs.  The people in
the unit 2 things above me left their taps on, for some stpuid reason.  Taps
on but no water coming out.  Then they left, and the water came back on.
And they had stuff in the sink, and it spilled over.

He told me I took it the best.  But I'm too nice in person to people when
they're apologetic, I kind of wish he was rude about it so I could get mad
and get something for it.  But now I get nothing, other than some fans, and
a "They're very sorry about what happend".

    Iain