 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 897
Re: track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 22:16:44 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message

I'm in!
I would love to get out to St. Jacobs and check out the store.
Can anyone post some specific directions, perhaps starting from the • 401--me
thinks we can all find the 401.

It's a little quirky, depending on what way you're coming from. If you're
heading DIRECTION: Westbound/Windsor, you'll be able to take a nice big
flyway over top of the cloverleaf and get directly onto HWY 8 NORTH, once
you get to Kitchener-Waterloo/Cambridge. If you're heading DIRECTION:
Eastbound/Toronto, you'll have to turn onto HWY 8 B, Exit 278B
(Kitchener-Waterloo, as oposed to 278A which is Cambridge), to head north.
Then you can get on HWY 8 NORTH through another horrible cloverleaf thingie
a little further down the road. There's another way, which is quicker, but
I'm not going to tell about that way because it's difficult. :)

After a few kilometres of beautiful road (I swear, HWY 8 is my favourite
road in the world when it goes through the ravine of the Grand River...),
you'll reach an interchange which is currently under construction. They're
replacing the existing setup (crap) with gigantic flyways (bulky but
amazing). Head NORTH (the other way actually goes WEST, not South, believe
it or not...) on HWY 7/86. It might just be labeled as HWY 7; I don't
remember. But at some point it morphs magically into HWY 86, without any
warning at all. It's the most bizzare thing in the world.

You'll drive another ~10 minutes, and you'll pass KING STREET. Do not exit
here.

Instead, drive for another 2 minutes until you see an exit for KING STREET.
Do exit here.

(I am not lying. It is that bizzare.)

You'll see a big barn on the left. That's the outlet. But it's crap to get
to, because the roads are all jumbled up. And if you go too far on 86 NORTH,
it goes down to two-lane undivided traffic and there are farms all around
you, and it just makes it all seem so horrid and not worth it.

So again, to recap, it's probably easier to buy LEGO from Shop at Home. :)

    Iain