 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8771
    Re: rtlToronto15 January issues —Jeff Van Winden
   (...) So Calum you are suggesting that the shortest path would be the marked path, but if a robot goofs up, and turns the wrong way, it can continue, and take a longer, route that will still lead it to the critical path. Calum, are you being (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: rtlToronto15 January issues —Dan Boger
     (...) Wouldn't it be useful, since you could avoid the other robot, and not have to bash your way through it? (...) Mmmmmm, sleep. "I too will go home, for sleep" :) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: rtlToronto15 January issues —Calum Tsang
     (...) That's the other benefit of having secondary paths-not reducing the game to sumo. A single decision up front to go onto an alternate path allows a competitor to avoid a sumo like game. Calum (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: rtlToronto15 January issues —Calum Tsang
   (...) Sad thing is I learned CPM techniques in first year, but the best implementation I've ever seen is in our GPS lab, where they put on the whiteboard whoever's behind the 8 ball. It gets people working FAST, and no need for CPM charting either. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: rtlToronto15 January issues —Derek Raycraft
   (...) I think you've got a good idea here. If we build it right, we wouldn't have to rebuild it to have a different maze for subsequent rounds, we could just mark different paths through the maze. I don't like the idea of having more then one (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)