 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8138
Re: robot train banter was (boring) Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:22:50 GMT

Oh, that's not what I meant;  I was thinking more like, the battle-bots,
Mark-Tilden,
Micromouse-that-can-solve-a-50-m-square-maze-with-20-cm-cells-in-12-seconds
types.

well, they are just freaks.  I went to one of the (ugh) sumo games at OCA and well, umm, it was
just sumo. and you know how I feel about that.

and some of the other stuff, just not up to rtlToronto robot standards.

like the beam stuff, or the maze stuff.

big whoop.

how hard is it to do the stuff we do when you have access to ALL the materials of the world?  I
mean, Project would have been a cake walk if i could have used a basic stamp, and servo motors.
what we do is HARD, and cool.

I think anyone doing industrial robotics thinks what we're doing is cool
(if they know about it) - as proof, Steve Simposon brought all that ABB stuff
that they let us have for prizes!  I've met many times with the head of the
North-American office for our servomotor/drive supplier, and he loves the stuff
we're doing.  But I don't think anyone wants a 1 kW servoamplifier for a prize.
:)

WRONG!!! I'd love a 1 kW servoamplifier for a prize!!!  get me one!!

http://www.beckhoff.com/english/default.htm?drives/drives.htm

WANT!!

rad,  dude. I need.

Actually, I bet all enthusiast groups make fun of each other.  Which is really,
really nerdy.  But like, I know I make fun of the "coaster enthusiasts".
They're so stupid, they don't know anything outside of coasters.  I'm into the
big transportable and permanant European-built machines.  I'm part of an elite
group.  I'm underground, man.  They're all mainstream.  They're not feelin' it.
You know?  They see a Mondial Inferno and they're like "Whoah, thats a big
flippy one!!" and I'm all like, yeah, go away.  Go ride Top Thrill Dragster or
something.  You mainstream, rail-riding wank.  Give me my multiaxis rotation
anyday.  Nya.  The ones that like wood are the *worst*.  Some of them refuse to
ride steel.

    Iain

see, i was going to make rude comments about wood, and woody's and imply a bunch of innuendo
stuff. then I thought to my self:

"Self"

"yes Chris"

"Self, your so helpful.  can you think of a cool woody innuendo?"

"um, Chris. that's tuff"

"look Self, I know its tuff, that's why i laid this challenge at your feet"

"Chris, why do you pick on me? I'm not Calum"

"sorry, self.  Sometimes I get carried away"

"its ok Chris. I understand"

"Self"

"Yes, Chris"

"what were we talking about?"

"Um, Chris, if you just go back and read a few lines up, we were going to discuss woody's"

"oh ya, I forgot"

"Chris, at times like this I would ask what would "Strong Bad" do? "

"Ya, that's a good idea. lets find out"

Check_Strongbad.exe

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

cool.

:)

Chris
do you hear voices too?

*if Dave K is drinking milk now, I have a standing bet that says by this point of the e-mail
its coming out  his nose.