 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8131
Re: robot train banter was (boring) Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:46:22 GMT

THAT'S not what Calum told me.  he over heard how many of the REAL train guys were
grumbling about how what you do is NOT real train stuff. Ergo your trains suck!  (in
the eyes of others)

"ROBOTS, now that's where its at"  -- me

You know, I'm sure among robotics enthusiast circles, they're thinking the exact
same thing about our competitions.  :)

    Iain

AH, BUT at no point do our games claim to be anything but what they are.

the Train heads "claim" to be a real model train layout, but its Lego.  (when compared to
REAL model train layouts)

us cool robot guys have NEVER said that the project x robots are, or could, replace
pick/place industrial robots.

:)

Chris

wee, this is fun

Boy we missed the banter in here...

The event organizers loved the layout, the NMRA reps invited us to subsequent
shows, and we seemed to always have a pretty large crowd checking out the layout
and asking alotta questions.

THe grumbling Calum heard was probably from those layouts that didn't get alotta
response from the crowds.

Dave K
-who is very fast goig over to the dark 'train' side 'cause now trains have
RCX's!  See that crossing of Dereks?  Or Jeff's cargo crane (hey you tried, but
like most of Chris's 'bots, sometimes it just doesnt' work)