 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8134
Re: robot train banter was (boring) Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:58:02 GMT

THAT'S not what Calum told me.  he over heard how many of the REAL train guys were
grumbling about how what you do is NOT real train stuff. Ergo your trains suck!  (in
the eyes of others)

"ROBOTS, now that's where its at"  -- me

You know, I'm sure among robotics enthusiast circles, they're thinking the exact
same thing about our competitions.  :)

AH, BUT at no point do our games claim to be anything but what they are.

the Train heads "claim" to be a real model train layout, but its Lego.  (when compared to
REAL model train layouts)

us cool robot guys have NEVER said that the project x robots are, or could, replace
pick/place industrial robots.

I'm not really sure who to side with, here.

Let me think.  First, the train guys say "ours" (LEGO) are not real trains.  So,
their 3 inch tall, .000001 horsepower monster IS?  Oh, wait, it's just a model.
It represents a real train.  hmm.  So, what does that LEGO Santa Fe thing
represent?

Ok, so next I'm bothered by the "robot" builders that say LEGO is not "real
robots".  I suspect BattleBots are real robots, right?  Does Battlebots air in
Canada?  Anyway...  They'll take big armor plated RC Cars, and put them in a
ring and call them robots.  My three year-old could outdrive most of them.

This year I've already build around fourty (40) different robots.  How many
"real" robots have they built.

I may not really care too much about trains, I mean heck, it's pretty easy to
get them to go straight...  but I will defend LEGO against those non-LEGO
people.

I will defend to the death, people's right to build as they want to build and
say what they want to say, because THIS IS AMERICA...  oh, wait.  no it's not.

never mind.

Steve