 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7940
Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:33:49 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I had asked this question a little while ago, and I did not get much resopnse,
so I am trying again.

Would there be an intrest in having a RC Racer compition at BrickFest?

Here is what I was thinking:

Where: We use the lobby area on the First floor of GMU (from what I remember the
floor is checkered linoleum?

What: This is where we can go 2 different ways:
  We could have a course that contained a series of turns, where you would have
to direct your vehicle through a series of solomon gates arrange around the
floor. with each set of three racers sucessfully completing 3-5 laps to finish.
there would be no barriers to contend with, just the skill of the driver
  Or
  We could do a Drag racing event, From what I remember the lobby is fairly
long.

The next questions would be, what type of categories/classes would we need for
the competition?

See my previous post: http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=10755 for ideas. Happy
to help, as long as the rules are really only used for BrickFest. My idea was
for an internet based competition, however. Use the rules however you wish. Any,
all, none at all.

Max