 Technic / 10755
Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:17:30 GMT

Hello all! Just an update to what rules I think should be included in an all-out drag racing competition. First off, there should be five classes, four with limitations on the number of motors (1-4 motors), and the fifth would be an unlimited class, with no limitations on number of motors. More classes would be added if enough people are interested (I would say if at least 2 were interested in a class), such as a rubberband class or pneumatics class. If not enough people were interested, rubberbands and pneumatics would probably be included in the unlimited class. And, yes, if you have four or fewer motors, you can compete in the unlimited class also. The motors would have to be controlled by a 9v battery box. Any 9v motor can be used, except the RC buggy motors can only be used in the unlimited class. The battery box(es) do NOT have to be attached to the car, but you will have to hold them (and run after the car if neccesary). I’m not sure how long the track should be, however. Suggestions? I was also thinking of limiting and/or requiring a minimum weight, and also having size requirements, but decided not to as it would lead to too many classes, but it would work if each motor class had specific weight and size rules to adhere to. I would like to know if more people are interested in this type of competition. And I would love your input on the rules (do you like them, what changes do you think need to be made). But I have not yet thought about how to race them, such as launching, stopping, timing them, or recording speeds. I would post the results on the internet for everyone to see, and also the rules when I finalize them.

Thanks and Keep on Building, Max