 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7764
Re: I book a space. Sept 13 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott wrote:

David Koudys wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott wrote:

<snip>

Jeff E

PS:  So I'm in the middle of trying to decide whether to move to Irvine,
CA (not far from Carlsbad), or Kingston, ON.  Susan has correctly
observed that I'd rather be 3 hours from rtlToronto than 1 hour from
Legoland California.  Just goes to show.

It's like 'A nice place to visit but I wouldn't wanna live there...'--LLC, great
to visit, maybe even for a few times, but living close to it?  rtlToronto is
much more exciting--we're entertaining *all* the time!  You can't grow bored
'cause there's new adventures just around every corner.  ANd you'll never know
when Calum's gonna lose it due to other people's grammatical gaffs! :)

That's *gaffes*.

Spelling slips and grammatical gaffes are purposely placed for the
perfectionists to point out.

THough that does remind me of a commercial I heard on the radio last night--lets
see if I can remember how it goes...

Dang I can't remember!

But they used 'is' instead of 'are'.  I'll see if I hear it again.

As well, I'm reading the latest Eddings book, and I'll be the first to admit
that I'm not the greatest copy editor in the world, but when you're publishing
volumes of books in hard cover, and the sentence says, "We'll go down this road
and took at the lake" I wonder how the editors missed that one.

Anyway, enuf for now--blame is now on Jeff E.  John, you're off the hook.

With me:  "Calum will gaff you for your gaffes."

Kingston it is! :)

Dave K
-who wants all his LEGO buddies to at least stay in S. Ontario :)

Jeff E