 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7745
7744  |  7746
Subject:
I book a space. Sept 13 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:13:01 GMT

OK, last night I went to the new library and had a look at the
facilities.

WOW!

I think we have a new home.

Its a new Library, located on Oakwood, just south of Rogers Rd.  FYI if
you have never heard of these 2 streets its cause they are not quite
major thoroughfare's.  the closest BIG intersections i can think of is
Duffrin/Eglington (but that a bit away off)

The Library DOSE have a pay parking lot out back.  you can get to it
from one bus that leaves either of 2 subway stations.

the Library is located in an established part of a very multi-ethnic
neighborhood.  Along that area of Oakwood are many small shops offering
a variety of goods and wares.  across the street is a small cafe
restaurant.

Granted this space dose not have the neat acoustics of the foyer like
the Lillian H Smith library dose, but the actual space makes up for
that. its Aprox 60' x 40', and was originally designed as a "black box"
studio theatre. (translation - it has a drop grid lighting system, that
would easily allow us to incorporate "hanging" stuff for future events.)

So today, I filled out the application and paid a small fee for the room
rental.  this means that I am now responsible for the flame proofing of
skirting materials. (blatant inside joke and dig at Calum)

The Library is now booked for Sept. 13. 2003. we will be doing the Rice
game.

So,  find your rice,  rekindle your robots, coax life back into your
back hoe...

the GAME IS ON!!!!!!

Chris
".... umm, I don't know."   - me