 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7552
Re: NEW pnumatic parts! (sort of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:34:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

snip

I thought you might have been talking about combining two switches to reduce the off zone:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Computing/p6040062.jpg

or eliminate it:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Computing/p6040061.jpg

Doug Carlson came up with the geometry for the “no off”. I modified it to reduce the off zone.

Kevin

Iain

That is seriously sweet--little to no off for the cylinders...

Iain was talking about this, though:

In the pick you can see the motor driving the differential--spin it one way, it operates one valve--spin the diff. the other way, it operates the other valve--works very nicely.

THere are touch sensors which register the valve arm at the top of the swing.

When I was building LOR...

http://sparky.i989.net/mmisc3.htm

I incorporated 4 sets of these motorized units (8 valves) into LOR and with prelim. testing, they work great.

Dave K

Sparky’s Space--Where Sparky has his Space...