 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7448
Re: DCC for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:42:24 GMT

sorry Rookie mistake... I needed to change it to FTX (duh...me so stupide!!)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote:
   Hello All,

I’ve completed a new bit of firmware that enables the RCX to act as a DCC Command Station. For those who are not familiar, DCC (short for Digital Command Control) is a means of sending electrical signals over model railroad tracks to control DCC equipped locomotives and accessories.

Here’s the URL for the firmware download and all the juicy details:

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/index.html

I’m interested in all feedback, especially with regards to operation with the various types of DCC decoders.

PLMKWYT,

Mark

Trains and Robotics can finally reach a common goal... :)

So I guess those RCX’s (especially the RCX 1.0’s) do come in handy after all. Actually, it looks very neat.

This is something that we should be directing... now all I need is a couple of dcc decoders and a RCX remote. :(

In Other News,

Last week, my order from Shop@Home arrived with the Sante Fe cars, kit, etc. Since then, I have gutted a (spare) 10002 Club Car and “retro-fitted” it to “Sante Fe” specs. Please Note, this is still a work in progress. (need to put an order in to BrickLink.

Here is a “teaser” look:

SFCLUB

and here:

(by clicking the top picture, it will bring you straight to the brickshelf folder, which is pending approval).

I know its nothing remarkable, but I had (well still having) fun making the change-over.

Thanks, Ben