 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7447
Re: DCC for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:20:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote:
Hello All,

I've completed a new bit of firmware that enables the RCX
to act as a DCC Command Station.  For those who are not
familiar, DCC (short for Digital Command Control) is a means
of sending electrical signals over model railroad tracks to
control DCC equipped locomotives and accessories.

Here's the URL for the firmware download and all the
juicy details:

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/index.html

I'm interested in all feedback, especially with regards to
operation with the various types of DCC decoders.

PLMKWYT,

Mark

Trains and Robotics can finally reach a common goal... :)

So I guess those RCX's (especially the RCX 1.0's) do come in handy after all.
Actually, it looks very neat.

This is something that we should be directing... now all I need is a couple
of dcc decoders and a RCX remote. :(

In Other News,
--------------

Last week, my order from Shop@Home arrived with the Sante Fe cars, kit, etc.
Since then, I have gutted a (spare) 10002 Club Car and "retro-fitted" it to
"Sante Fe" specs.  Please Note, this is still a work in progress.  (need to
put an order in to BrickLink.

Here is a "teaser" look:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=44448
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/medib/moc-page/Work-in-Progress/sfclubcar/prev_side2.jpg
SFCLUB>>

and here:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/medib/moc-page/Work-in-Progress/sfclubcar/prev_top2.jpg>>

(by clicking the top picture, it will bring you straight to the brickshelf
folder, which is pending approval).

I know its nothing remarkable, but I had (well still having) fun making the
change-over.

Thanks,
Ben