 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 726
Re: Train1 - Round House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:02:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
Hi guys,

I have started work on a round house for Train1. My current Design is based
on 4 48 x 48 plates and is 4 bricks high (in order to accommodate the
gearing and motor for the round house.

You can view the sample at:

Note: the track is not aligned properly due to the Track Designer limitations?

Great!  Let me know if you want to take advantage of a lowered table portion
if the four tall raise won't work.  Will you be building the roundhouse
parts as well as the turntable?

TD is pretty well locked to the stud grid, when in fact, the track has a lot
of play, one you factor in the variability on each piece of track.  The more
track, the more bend/flex you can get.  This is rather useful.

In fact, my layout is impossible in TD.  But because of long runs of 15+
pieces, it'll bend as needed and somehow fits.

Calum