 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6402
6401  |  6403
Subject:
smash up derby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:52:27 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote in private e-mail

I'm still not getting my Lugnet e-mail, and I can't post.  I think it's the "open relay" stuff.  (I'm really not sure why.) Anyway...

I have an RC, but (as I've kind of said before) I don't want to have to use my Geffory Dollars to replace it.

But I'm interested, if it can be done, right.

Steve

again, I have to stress that when Calum says that we are in this to
DESTROY LEGO he is exaggerating.

we would not really hold and event that would willfully allow battery
box hammers.

as well,  if at any point you come up against a robot that you think
would "break" lego then don't enter.....  and that's not said as a put
down, it would be common sense....

this would be more like a "demolition derby" were parts fall off rather
then break beams in half.

I see this being like any other event were robots smash into each other
and people go nuts... this time the robots would be under direct human
control.  also it would not be a huge public event.  something more low
key... "just the guys"  so we don't have to worry about "public image"
and calums foul mouth (smirk)  when  robots go bang.

It will be fun, you should have no fear of breaking lego.

Chris
-- I'm thinking of a new sig file.