 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6331
Re: Swap-a-Bot Program.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:57:02 GMT

Rob Stehlik wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

you one have only 2 motors???

No, but I have four robots in the works right now. So most of my motors are
'occupied'. I find I never seem to have enough...

we need to put a BIG BUTTON  on the rtlToronro web page to get you more
motors.   sort of like save karyn, or buy-baby-a-home

get-rob-more-motors

actually I like the trade robot idea.

Well, I just don't think its feasible. I doubt many people would want to
give a chunk of their precious Lego to someone for a couple weeks. What if
the 'borrower' took it apart and then couldn't get it back together? Or
worse yet, what if the borrower took it apart and mixed in some of their
parts upon reassembly? I sure wouldn't want to get my robot back with a
bunch of teal and pink parts in it...

then we just tell Bruce  not to mix his pink lego into the robot.

OK, how about this, we leave the swap a bot idea to a very casual,  idea among
friends.

so it would work like this:

"Iain, Can i borrow you duck carousel?"

Now, I just have to wait for Iain to say yes.

pause...

pause....

(smack lips sound)

pause.

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?