 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6324
Re: Swap-a-Bot Program.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:34:59 GMT

I want my window walker back :) I need the motors for something else.

I guess i should explain.  Rob, loaned me the window walker for the TV
thing and the day before, on Robs advice, I was "practicing" how to make
it work.  All of a sudden, I head the most painful loud CRACK.  then the
walker would not walk....  Rob was kind enough to offer phone support to
get it back up and running.

you one have only 2 motors???

the biggest
complaint I hear from full time card carrying members is that come game
day contestants do not have enough time to explore and play with other
peoples robots.

I agree. This would be neat. I get first dibs on Dave's robot :) We should just
trade robots after a competition. So you get to figure out exactly how someone
elses creation worked.

actually I like the trade robot idea.

Imagine if you could take home, Rob's window walker.

Just imagine... Not only do you get to take the window walker home, but you get
to break it too!

ya, I'm good at breaking robots.  I think steve did a bit on tech tv
when he mentioned how I broke the leg way.  it was sometime after
mentioning lugnet.

Also to let people know I've since "fixed" the robot and it is happy
again.

What would you do if Iain, said you could borrow his TiJi  delta robot.

I would love to borrow (then take apart) ANY of Iains robots.

so would I....  I really liked those ones with marble handling.

Knowing full well that a) its lego so you cant really
break it. and b) the owners were willing to provide phone tech support.

Uh huh...

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?