 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6285
Re: Request for some parts for Saturdays show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:38:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
I can bring the motor and wire; as you know, I lack the liftarms.
nod, John is brining all of it... but It may be a good idea to have extra
wires et al, incase we need to extensions...

I'm trying not to stay up all night, because I want to be somewhat
together on Saturday.  I did take two days off this week to try and
catch up.
Lucky.... I'm thinking of taking tommorow morning off, I have meetings in
the afternoon...

My fingertips are shredded - I've worn most of the skin off doing
modules.  The guts of one of the module bases is the verdigris from Lady
Liberty.  The pieces are new, and hence sharp... I have a few cuts and
gouges.  Happily, this morning before I came into work, I managed to
complete the last piece of the Altenburg support modules.

:) Building before work.. that sounds dangerous...  oh look... its 10:30...
I'm Late...

I also started work on a ship, Jeff:  looks like the dimensions will be
56 x 16.  Is that ok, or should I make it shorter?  Looks like you have
room for a 64-long. • sounds good... The docks are 264 studs long...

I assume the crates need to be aligned lengthwise with the ship,
parallel to the dock.  Is it ok if the crate stacks are only 1/2 stud
apart?
Yes.
I'm thinking of centering one stack amidships, and flanking it
with a second and third stack on either side, 1/2 stud away.
The crane only works on the z (up/down) and y (forward and backwards) axis,
the x (left/right) axis... does noot exist/work... (this would require a
forth motor, and an additional RCX... which I have neither of (maybe next
time).) What I am trying to say is, the code crane will be anchored to the
Dock, so as long as there is one or two container stacks infront of the
crane, it will work... I hope..

Do you have a standard for crate-centering hardware (slopes, tiles,
etc)?
I was using the 1 x 2 Tile with handle
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2432

Also, the deck height will be 4.1 or 4.2 above the keel.  Is that ok?
If so, how many crates can I stack and still give the crane clearance?
From what I remember the Crane is resting on the dock (2.1 bricks), The
Height I am using a 1 x 16 and a 1 x 8 technic beam to support the crane (24
studs - 2 studs for the connection to the body of the crane.)
The cockpit for the crane is 6 Bricks lowerthen that, but will probably
never hit anything since it does not move form side to side.

And how tall should the deckhouse be, assuming it needs to pass under
the cranes?  (Yes, I know, the ship can be moored bow-in, but it'll look
better if it's not too tall.)

as long as you can fit under 22 studs + 2.b bricks, it should be ok.

Jeff E

Need....more....buildings....
Do you want me to throw some together for the area below ramp 3 and 4, if so
what dimensions

Jeff VW

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have:
9 Technic Liftarms 1 x 15 in Black
a 9 Volt Geared Motor
Extra 9 Volt Wire The medium Size and some shorter lengths

I am running short on some parts for my second Crane, The first one used 10
Liftarms, and now I've only got one left.

And Like usual, I am short on Motors and Wires...

Jeff VW
(Who will be pulling an All nighter on Friday... just to finish everything
(along with Jeff E and Derek (I'm thinking)

Jeff VW