 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6286
6285  |  6287
Subject:
bridges, flags, and pipe racers.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:27:33 GMT

So I found this website, and saw some amazing similarities
to some of our recent competitions.

rtl11: A brick too far, ie. bridge building
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/Ok-Con05.html

followed by capture the "flag":
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/Ok-Con06.html

and the proposed rtl14: pipe racers:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/MS-Fes04.html

If you click the "5012" link beside the M-05 bridgebuilder,
you will see that URL is for one of Jin Sato's robotics contests.
The competition looked a lot like ours did in August.  It appears
that THAT one happened in April 2000.

I know that WE came up with the competition idea for rtl11:
because I was there!  Has anybody seen this guy's work before?

....anyways, just thought it was quite interesting... plus
he's got a lot of neat technic/mindstorms vehicles too...

see you on saturday,

John

PS. Richard Noeckel; if you're out there, I'll have some shell promo rafts for
    you on saturday... so you better show up!  ;)