 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6289
Re: bridges, flags, and pipe racers.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:12:38 GMT

So I found this website, and saw some amazing similarities
to some of our recent competitions.

rtl11: A brick too far, ie. bridge building
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/Ok-Con05.html

followed by capture the "flag":
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/Ok-Con06.html

and the proposed rtl14: pipe racers:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/MS-Fes04.html

your right, some of these are very cool looking.

If you click the "5012" link beside the M-05 bridgebuilder,
you will see that URL is for one of Jin Sato's robotics contests.
The competition looked a lot like ours did in August.  It appears
that THAT one happened in April 2000.

this is probably VERY true.  our idea of a bridge game evolved from the
2 things... the recent (then) junk yard wars episode of bridge building,
and because we don't do anything half a$$ed, we wanted to make it more
than just a simple bridge cross, that's when we came up with the "flag"
idea.  it make perfect sense to me that different groups evolve the same
ideas.   know that we know about this I think as a courtesy we should
link to their web page.

I know that WE came up with the competition idea for rtl11:
because I was there!  Has anybody seen this guy's work before?

No, I cant say I've seen Kibun's work.  I should really be surfing the
japanese technic web rings more.  they are very cool.  AS a side note,
you'll notice Jin Satos name scatter about these pages. I cant say I'm
surprised, RTL had the extreme pleasure of having Jin join us at a few
of our early events.  (nothing comes close to holding the "original"
Aibo.)

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?