 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5758
  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) The one possibility you missed is both robots on the bottom at the end of time. Does this also score 1 point each. Will Chris still have the ability to score points in this match or should be make it 0 points for no-one on the box. :-) Derek (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

I'm baaa-aaack! :) (...) Don't forget: 3 points if you fling your opponent clean out of the arena >:) Should make those close games interesting. Jeff E (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) WB Jeff! If neither 'bot is on the platform at the end of 3 minutes, both get 0. Sounds good to me. It's still a tied score--0-0 ;) Is it going to be 3 minutes or 5 minutes? Wondering. Dave K (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) Yes, welcome back Jeff, hope the vacation went well. (...) I think we said 3 minutes. 3 minutes worked well for block stacking this last time. Its enough time for things to happen, but not so long that people get board if they don't. Derek (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) that hurt. :) your so lucky i do not have my work e-mail set up to post to lugnet... or for that matter remembering my pass to lugnet to post via web.... that being said, i was going to say what if i made a robot that raced AROUND the box and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) At rtlToronto12 we were awarding 1 each for a tie, even if no one stacked any blocks. While I'd agree with your opinion, consider: Robot A gets onto stage. Robot B pushes Robot A off, yet in ensuing battle, gets knocked off itself. Should they (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

How about (as in RTL11) 1 point for *clearly* getting all parts of the robot off the table and 1 point if you're still the only one on top at the end of the round. This would reward a robot that successfully makes the attempt to climb the box but (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)