 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5499
Re: RtlTrain 4 Rolling Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:14:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

We need to nail down a time for rtlTrain4.  If we don't do this (as
Calum has pointed out), we'll all waffle along endlessly.  Nothing like
a deadline. • Deadline is a good thing....
There are four basic times that I'm going to propose, and
I'd like to hear people's favourites, objections, and already-booked
times.  Yes, I know there's an rltToronto event coming up, but for
completeness' sake...

Period I:  now until mid-November
If we try to do it this quickly, we'll hit the other rtl event, and I
won't be here.
Nope... that is too soon, since I just started building... or at least
tommorow I will...

Period II: Mid-November into Christams
A busy time of year, but plausible.

when is Christams? if it is the near Christmas, then it probably would not
work to well.
Period III: January-ish
You've all got your new Christmas sets.
Yes!!! - January is a GOOD time.... (I may have my (unordered) Start
Destroyer then.... Mmmmm Grey and Dark Grey plates!!!
Period IV:  Ferbruary-ish
...and now you're bored. • and a year older!

Let's hear it, folks!

* * *

On content:

We're doing a fixed 'core' layout, that's actually fairly big and quite
complicated.  It should be a blast to run trains on it.  I think there
are 13 & 4-half modules, and we can always attach extra modules off the
end if people like.

But I need to get commitments on the Core modules first!

I've got commitments from myself (2 & 4-halves); Derek Raycraft (2
modules); Calum (1 module); and Jeff VW (1 module and waffling on some
others :)
I will have that dam module *snicker* as well as the 4 module cargo area
referenced here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/altenburgdocklands.gif
Good Idea by the way Derek...

I will tweak this layout this week... As well as discuss some things with
Iain....
I can also suppy a corner (or two) with nothing on it... I think I have
seven modules in total....

That leaves a lot of modules. (7 or so)  I'd like to hear
from folks - even if you're just going to provide the base and the road
plates, that'd be great.

The layout is

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/altenburg2.gif

but there's been some discussion in threads here as well.

* * *

Jeff VW