 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4990
Re: Compaq LTE support files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:37:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
That alone I find curious: Compaq is supplying the same drivers when
you select either the LTE5000 or the LTE5100 even though the LTE5100
has a TFT display and the LTE5000 doesn't. I'm betting they have
different video chipsets to handle the different displays types and so
they should have different drivers. Strange.

I'm actually pretty sure they use the same video chipset regardless of the
TFT or DSTN screen.

Calum