 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4866
4865  |  4867
Subject:
Compaq LTE support files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:09:40 GMT

Hi folks,

First off, a billion thanks to Oliver for those LTEs.  They're rockin machines!

The driver files for respective OSes are here:

Win3.1, 95, 98, NT4.0:
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/LTE/us/index.html

Linux (Slackware):
http://t2100cdt.kippona.net/linux/lte5200/

I figure most of these will get loaded with DOS, Linux or Win95.  They'll
make snappy NQC development machines (which is what I'm loading the extras
with) for rtlToronto events, or even great DCC controllers if we ever get
that rolling.

Iain and I spent some time tonight trying to get one of the LTE5000's to
boot.  What we found was that the machine won't power up with the dead
battery inside.  Iain's getting his into a digital picture frame.

The power supply is VERY FINICKY.  I had a similar supply (17.5V, center
pole positive, 1.8A) and it would power off the machine almost immediately
when driving both the hard disk and floppies.  The power supply original
18V, 1.9A, IIRC.

I'm going to try and shoehorn one of the P75's into our Taurus for MP3's.
Also, I'm extending the offer to help anyone get an OS loaded onto their
machine.  I have the appropriate Laplink and 40-44pin HD adapters.

Calum