 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4988
Re: Compaq LTE support files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 05:18:43 GMT

O.K. so I go on line and post the previous message and, while I'm on
line anyway, I check the link you gave again and this time it works...

Unfortunately, It points to a screen which, when you select "by
product" puts you on the screen I was downloading from earlier in the
week. The driver update is the same one that won't allow me to change
screen resolutions on the LTE5100 (even if you specify the LTE5100 as
your target product before downloading) even though it does work on
the LTE5000.

That alone I find curious: Compaq is supplying the same drivers when
you select either the LTE5000 or the LTE5100 even though the LTE5100
has a TFT display and the LTE5000 doesn't. I'm betting they have
different video chipsets to handle the different displays types and so
they should have different drivers. Strange.

Matthias Jetleb