 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4699
Re: OT: Amiga, 2090a 2091 boot sequence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Ideally I want to get everything from the 2090A's drive over to the new
drive and then take the 2090A out of the computer.  If I just copy
everything directly will it be able to boot from the SCSI drive, or do I
have to do something to make it bootable.  Arg, I've forgotten how to do
all this stuff.

As long as the disk is bootable and there isn't any device specific stuff.
I would go and clear out the DEVS:mountlist or at least get rid of any mount
commands in the S:startup-sequence, lest any stray A2090 stuff try and take
over memory space with binddrivers.

The 2000HD is the only Amiga for me.  Non of this "accelerated" crap.
Its funny I no longer have a monitor for it so I'm running it through
my genlock to my 27" Sony VEGA.  I've never see such a big 640x200
screen.  Must try 640x400.  I wonder how the VEGA will handle the flicker.

It'll probably still flicker, unless your WEGA has a deinterlacer or scan
doubler.  Some of the nice Faroudja and Extron boxes can get rid of the
interlace flicker, but your only real option is to go install an A2320
Display Enhancer board.  If you'd like, I think I have a Commodore 1950
Multiscan 14" in the basement if you want it.  It'll do all the Amiga scan
modes.

An accelerator is really nice.  For my A2000 I had an A2620 and an A2630.
They really make the Amiga much easier to use!

Right its not booting from the internal hard drives.  It will boot from
a Workbench boot floppy.  Both hard drives are visible when I do this.

Then yeah, format and make the A2091's disk bootable and copy over.  Should
be easy then.

Agreed.  Hey, I have a spare SCSI CD-ROM drive at the moment.  Cool, I
can put that in too.  Although I have nothing for the Amiga on a CD.

I think I have some old Amiga crap on CD somewhere...Beatrix Potter for
Amiga and some other questionable CDTV titles.

How do I check that?  I believe I have a relatively new 2091.

There's a large PLCC chip-it's square which should say something like
DMAC-04 (C) 1990 CBM CSG on it.  The -04 denotes the rev.  There are also
two ROM chips, rectangular which should say "5.5" or 6.6 or 7.0 HI/LO on
them.  While all of them will work, the -04 DMAC and the 6.6 and above ROMs
give less trouble with accelerators, MMUs, and other trickery.

Calum