 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4693
OT: Amiga, 2090a 2091 boot sequence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:31:48 GMT

I did a search on Google trying to find help on Amiga boot sequences and
the first artical I get is on peach written by Calum.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/a2090-10.guide

So instead of reading I'll just ask. :-)

I'm trying to get my Amiga2000HD running again.  I turned it on for the
first time in like 6 years last night.  All it did was boot to a command
prompt.  I put in a Workbench disk and booted from that.  It booted fine.

Now heres the silly part.  The last thing I ever did to this computer
was install a 2091 with a 100MB hard drive.  I never turned it on after
that untill now.  So I'm not surprised that it doesn't boot from the
hard drives, but after all this time I can't remember anything I might
be able to do to try and fix it.

So here's the configureation of my system.  It originaly had a 2090a
with 40MB ST-506 drive.  This was my boot drive and I know it worked
before.  In addition to this I installed a 2091 with a 100MB SCSI hard
drive.  Apparently it has an Amiga partition on it, but I didn't realize
that untill last night.

It looks like the system is trying to boot from the drive on the 2091
and not the 2090a.  Does anyone know of a way to change the boot
sequence so it boots off the 2090a first?  Or maybe an easy way to just
transfer the contents of the ST-506 drive to the SCSI drive and just
boot off that?

Anyway to make this somewhat lego related, I finish building my Red
Barron last night.  Nice set.  I'm going to hang it from the ceiling at
work with my Sopwith Camel and have a little dog fight.

Derek