 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4609
Re: Deal on RCX from Lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:30:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Thanks for the info Jeff...I ordered 3, which will give me a total of 5...I
must be closing in on Chris (but, I think he has more than 5!)

Sorry, Bruce.  If you get 5, then you will BEET me by 1.

I ONLY have 4 1.0 rcxen and 1 scout.  OK, that settles it.  this is just
more incentive for multi rcx fro future events.

Just as a quick question, what do people have?  I'm almost certain pretty
well everyone has at least 2 RCXes by now, right?  And there's no excuse for
not having enough motors after the ZNAP clearance debacle :)  Back when they
were $55 in a motor pack, but when they were like $7 each plus a donation to
the Calum Tsang ZNAP Bridge Building Fund, I think pretty well everyone
stocked up.

I have two RCXes, two uScouts and one Scout.  As temping as $90 is, I can't
honestly see a challenge requiring more than six independent function motors
and sensor inputs.  I mean, even a ProjectX^2 (100 cells) doesn't require
more than two RCXes. (unless you design like Chris does :)  I suppose that
might be a good dinner topic:  What games require more than two RCXes?

Calum

Well I have 2 1.0's, 1 1.5... still waiting for the 2.0 to come to a decent
price to buy it.

As far as motors go, I had 10 before I bought two 1.0's and since then I
bought a studio's backdrop, and a robosports add-on.  That makes my motor
count to 16.

What's really funny is I am starting to have a decent mindstorm collection,
and I am not really a robot-head like the rest of you.  I am still working
on my automated train crossing "collection" .... runs, ducks, and hides...

Ben