 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4610
4609  |  4611
Subject:
2002 Metroliner Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:17:13 GMT

Well, to start off ... I finally broke down and bought a deluxe metroliner
kit...

Now I only need to buy a Breezeway Cafe and I'm Legends Complete.
(as I also got a PizzaToGo on my last order).

I took out my metroliner box...and had to put together 3 coach cars, and
build a new design...the RPO....my version of a metroliner Mail Car.

I also retrofitted my Silver Bullet train engine.  I pushed the cab forward
to all but 3 studs from the front of the train...but kept the "signature
design from the last design - two lights at the front, and the drop down
engine access on the sides with the engine inside (4.5 Volt motor), and
access for the gas tank (it being a diesel engine and not electric - as in
the German ICE trains).

Then, to finish it off, I put my collection out on my mom's very handy
display stand ... aka ... white, mini-freezer, and took a couple pic's.

Here they are:

Folder of Metroliner "Train Yard":

Folder of MOC Metroliner "RPO":

Folder of (Retrofitted MOC) Silverliner 2:

Enjoy the pics....

Ben