 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4590
Re: flag placement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:55:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, W. Paul Nicholson writes:

Thank you Rob for voicing your concern with this. I was starting to get
really discouraged after reading the rules that Calum posted on rtlToronto
and thinking about random flag placement (even with two RCX's this would be
very difficult). And thank you Calum for opting for the fixed flag placement
(hmm...one RCX or two, that is the question).

Well, in my mind the problem of finding a randomly placed flag is just as
difficult with one or two RCX's. I was actually kind of looking forward to
trying out some sneaky methods to find the flag... But I realize that this
is really dificult and the game is supposed to be easy. That being said,
does it have to be as easy as having a fixed flag position? Wouldn't the
game be a bit more interesting with random placement within a limited area??
I guess it doesn't make much difference. The challenge is now heavily
slanted towards clever mechanics and speed :) Who can get to the flag first?
Pretty soon we will be posting 'gap span' times, just like the 'anti-x' times...
Rob