 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4583
Re: flag placement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 02:30:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
They must figure out a way to get to the center table, where the flag is >>>randomly placed by a member of the audience....

This is placed in the center of the middle Island.

Does this mean the flag is randomly placed somewhere along the centerline of
the table? Or is it placed anywhere along the table. I know there was a
debate not too long ago about whether the flag should be placed in the same
spot all the time or placed randomly. I think a nice compromise would be
random placement within a defined area... This could be the centerline of
the table, or a 30 cm square in the center of the table. so we at least know
the general area where the flag is, but the robot still needs some
intelligence. Does this sound okay?

That was my mistake.  The way it should read is that the flag is in the same
place every time, always in the center.   I've fixed it-I left the old info
in place by accident.  If you skip back a few threads, you'll see most
people wanted in the same place, every time.

The thinking was, it's far too hard to find it on the center table, at least
with one RCX.  Perhaps with two, it's an easier situation, but for the sake
of the event, we decided on two RCX, center of the table, always the same place.

I'd like to hear how far people are along with rtl11 and/or hockey...

Calum