 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4582
4581  |  4583
Subject:
flag placement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 00:59:42 GMT

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the placement of the flag... Here is what I read on
the rules page:

They must figure out a way to get to the center table, where the flag is >>>randomly placed by a member of the audience....

This is placed in the center of the middle Island.

Does this mean the flag is randomly placed somewhere along the centerline of
the table? Or is it placed anywhere along the table. I know there was a
debate not too long ago about whether the flag should be placed in the same
spot all the time or placed randomly. I think a nice compromise would be
random placement within a defined area... This could be the centerline of
the table, or a 30 cm square in the center of the table. so we at least know
the general area where the flag is, but the robot still needs some
intelligence. Does this sound okay?
Rob