 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4305
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto in National Post!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:45:30 GMT

Hi folks,
Two weeks ago, the National Post (one of Canada's national newspapers)
called me up for an interview to talk about the enthusiast view of the Lego
world.  Here's the article, it was in today's edition of the Saturday Post:

http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/20020427/19202.html
I will have a scan of the actual newspaper up on the site tomorrow.

            Not a bad article…
        (some comments below)

A strobe light makes it all the more surreal.
This is borderline acid-flashback material.

Doesn’t the “Land of Childhood” sound trippy!

An "interactive" series of chambers designed
a few years ago by the Danish conceptual artist

A few years age?
Wasn’t the fun-house developed back in the 70s’?
I remember reading once that the place was extremely
outdated, with record players and passé decor and clothing.

Lately, Thomas has been having trouble with a sticking door.
"I'll get you out if something goes wrong," he assures me.

This particular quote leads me to believe that the place is at
least a few decades old!

He has also bought rights to produce characters and
sets based on Hollywood movies, such as Life on Mars

Life on Mars was a Hollywood movie?

His funny and meticulously detailed diary is at
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/ people/tsangc/europe-index.html.

It’s nice to see a rtlToronto reference, but how come
Lugnet didn’t get noticed.

It's just one of hundreds of independent, adult-oriented
Lego groups sprinkled across the planet.

T’would have been a perfect segue into a Lugnet link!

We ripped off their heads and limbs and threw them in the garbage."

Sacrilege!
Commandment #3:
Thou shalt never dispose of any ABS.

He couldn't care less that the company has totally ignored his
club's existence. "We don't represent Lego. We don't want to,"
he says. "We once called up Lego Canada and invited them to
our first robotics design contest." That was four years ago.
"We still haven't heard back."

But we’re still gonna need their assistance should we hope to
hold a ‘Snow Brick’ national Lego extravaganza one day…

                             a good read,

                                      --==Richard==--